InspireSPACE – A Community Interest Company (CIC)*
The aims of InspireSPACE are to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to:
- Promoting achievements in space, space science,
technology and engineering, highlighting the benefits that these bring
- Excite and engage the general public, particularly children and young people with space technology and the advancements derived from it; and
- Inspire children and young
people to consider and investigate career paths within space technology and related industries.
This will be achieved by:
- Presenting both static and interactive space technology related displays at public events;
schools, scout/girl guide groups and similar young peoples community groups to promote space exploration, technologies and careers; and
- By arranging for professionals engaged in the space industry, including astronauts and cosmonauts to speak
- Developing a web-site dedicated to space exploration, space technologies and related topics;
- Trading in space related collectables,souvenirs,merchandise with the proceeds used to fund the activities and events set out above
* What is a Community Interest Company CIC
Community Interest Companies (CICS) are limited companies, with special additional features, created for the use of people who want to conduct a business or other activity for community
benefit, and not purely for private advantage.
This is achieved by a “community interest test” and “asset lock”, which ensure that the CIC is established for community purposes and the assets and profits are dedicated
to these purposes. Registration of a company as a CIC has to be approved by the Regulator who also has a continuing monitoring and enforcement role. – We are approved and ready to Go!.
Also ready to go is British ESA Astronaut Timothy
Peake - We have set up a links page to anything Tim Peake - Principia related. Tim's Page